Over a Vegetable Ragout
Cook Time:20 Min
Includes:Cod $15, Prosciutt n, mushrooms n rest $15
So for the weekend we decided to make this recipie submitted by Terriann. One of the best parts here was the diced prosciutto which was absolutley yummy, almost like bacon but not really…Cod was flaky and it was all very delicious!
- 2 ½ tsp olive oil, divided
- ½ cup diced prosciutto
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 ½ cups chopped leek
- 3 cups diced plum tomato
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package of fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 4 (6-ounce) cod or other firm white fish fillets (1” thick)
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- Heat ½ tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add the prosciutto, sauté 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, remove from pan. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and leek, sauté 8 minutes. Stir in tomato, salt, and pepper. Gradually add the spinach to pan, and stir until spinach is wilted (about 3 minutes). Stir in the prosciutto mixture and basil. Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Dredge fillets in flour. Add fillets to pan, sauté 3 minutes on each side. Cover and cook 2 minutes of until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates, top with fillets.