with small red potatoes as a side
Cook Time:45 Min
Includes:Chicken $8, Red Potatoes $4, Mozzarella $6, Misc Olive Oil/Balsamic $4
This is a pretty good alternative to our past fast food habits…In the past we used to eat out no less than 4-5 times per week. With the awful economy we decided its time to curb this unhealthy habit and keep track of the different recipes as we cook them.
Parmesan crusted chicken breast with fresh mozzarella a side of red baby potatoes and a side of veggies (frozen, but still better than take out) Made by Charlene
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast (defrosted) Cut into 4-6 thin slices before frozen
- 2 ounces dry bread crumbs
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 ounces of Fresh mozzarella
- ¾ lb of small red potatoes
- Ariston Extra Virgin Select Olive Oil
- Splash of Ariston Shake n Serve
- Some fresh basil for a garnish, Salt, Pepper
- Italian style dried herbs
- Frozen sugar snap pea
- Star the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Cut potatoes into small quarters so they cook quicker
- Coat with ‘Select’ extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with Italian spice mix, Salt, Pepper then mix
- Pop into oven and start the chicken
- Coat bottom of pan with a splash of Select extra virgin olive oil
- Mix bread crumbs together with the parmesan cheese.
- Coat chicken slices in a small amount of ‘Select’ extra virgin olive oil then dredge in bread crumb mixture
- Top with the fresh mozzarella and fresh basil
- Place chicken in pan
- Wait about 5-10 minutes so the potatoes get a bit more cook time and then pop the pan into the oven
- Set timer for 25 Minutes
Now just sit back after that hard day’s work while your meal is coking.An episode of Judge Judy that taped earlier should do the trick…The above prep time was about 10Minutes (less time that our normal trips through the drive-thru)… After timer goes off, cut the chicken in half just to check for pinkness If it looks good pop the frozen sugar snap peas in the microwave for 4-5 minutes.In the meantime call the family because it’s time to plate and eat..
- After plating a splash of Ariston Shake n Serve Balsamic/Olive Oil mixture and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
Then just Enjoy your ready meal… and the best part is there are always leftovers for lunch!